We’re back at Nanga Bush Camp for another edition of Waterous Trail on Foot on the King’s Birthday weekend in 2023.
David Kennedy is stepping down as race director, and has handed the event to new RD’s, Nathan Fawkes & Alexis Oosterhoff to manage.
We expect to open registrations within the next week. Here are some details of what to expect from the 2023 event:
- There will be no significant changes to how the event is delivered.
- Nanga Bush Camp will remain the HQ, and we have booked the same accomodation and facilities for the long weekend.
- The course will remain largely unchanged from 2022. We are however anticipating the new suspension bridge across the river to be completed in time for the race, thus moving the river crossing on leg 3 away from the traffic bridge.
- 100mi, 50mi and 50km races will start 6am on Saturday 23rd
- A new 21km “trail half” race will be held on Sunday 24th, with a generous time cutoff. This will be held on ‘leg three’ of the course, with approx 550m of elevation.
- The buckle cutoff time for 100mi event will be adjusted from 24h to 26h for men, and 28h for women.
- There will be some price increases for entries and accomodation – our goal is to ensure all operating costs are covered while keeping the event family-friendly and as affordable to as many people as possible.
- A 15% discount for race entries will be available to AURA members. A $49 AURA membership provides many benefits, including discounts to many races across Australia. Click here to read more.
- Volunteer arrangements and race credits will be transferrable between WTF, 6 inch and Lark Hill. If you have volunteered at any of these events, please contact the RD’s to discuss your race entry options before signing up – send an email to email@example.com