Official race rules will be made available closer to race date. Here’s the main things you need to know though:
- It is a requirement that all runners carry a mobile phone throughout the race. Please be aware that reception is very patchy if not with the Telstra network.
- Weather conditions can be variable at this time of year. Runners should bring gloves, a beanie, running tights or thermals and a jacket for night time and possible wet weather running. Runners will need to carry adequate nutrition supplies between aid stations.
- There are long sections where runners will need to be self-sufficient between drink stations. This will mean runners will require at least 1 litre of water to be carried between aid stations. Slower runners will require more.
- All runners will need to use a torch overnight, and should plan to collect the torch from a suitable aid station.
- Bibs must be clearly visible at all times.
- Pacers are only permitted for the 100mi event, and only from the halfway point.