The 50mi and 100mi relay events follow the same course, with the same start times and mandatory gear requirements as the solo events.
- There will be one bib supplied per team, which must be shown clearly on the front of the active runner (it is recommended you use a bib belt to enable easy changeover).
- Runners are responsible for their own transport between aid stations.
- No pacers are permitted for the relay events.
- Only registered runners may participate: a team cannot substitute an unregistered runner once registrations have closed.
- Each runner must carry the same compulsory gear (i.e. mobile phone and 1L of water).
Individual legs are 19km (NBC to Nanga Brook Road ; same for return), and 22km (NBC to Nanga Rd ; same for return)
For the 50mi relay event, team size is two to four. Runners interchange at aid stations. Runners may run one or more sections consecutively or non-consecutively
For the 100mi relay event, team size is three to eight. Runners change at aid stations. Runners may run one or more sections consecutively or non-consecutively.
Participants in the relay will not be eligible for the AURA points competition.
Relay prices are set at $50 per participant. It does not matter if there are two or eight entrants, each participant pays $50.
Registration is via the link on the registration page.
Each individual runner must register themselves, selecting either the 50mi or 100mi relay option.
Once all registrations are submitted for a team, a nominated captain must contact David Kennedy with a list of runners, details of which stage(s) each runner will complete and an optional team name.