The 50mi and 100mi relay events follow the same course, with the same start times and mandatory gear requirements as the solo events.
- Runners must change over at the aid stations and carry the same compulsory gear (i.e. mobile phone and 1L of water).
- An individual runner cannot run two consecutive stages of the race.
- There will be one bib supplied per team, which must be shown clearly on the front of the active runner (it is recommended you use a bib belt to enable easy changeover).
- If the next runner is not present at the aid station, the runner of the previous leg will not be permitted to continue.
- Runners are responsible for their own transport between aid stations.
- No pacers are permitted for the relay events.
- Only registered runners may participate: a team cannot substitute an unregistered runner once registrations have closed.
For the 50mi relay event, team size is two to four.
For the 100mi relay event, team size is three to eight.
Participants in the relay will not be eligible for the AURA points competition.
Relay prices are set at 50% of the solo event fee per participating runner. It does not matter if there are two or eight entrants, each participant pays 50% of the current solo entry price.
Registration is via the link on the registration page.
Each individual runner must register themselves, selecting either the 50mi or 100mi relay option.
Once all registrations are submitted for a team, a nominated captain must contact David Kennedy with a list of runners, details of which stage(s) each runner will complete and an optional team name.