Welcome to the home of the Runningworks Lark Hill Dusk to Dawn 50 & 100km Ultra
Held annually on the W.A. Labour Day weekend in March, the 50km and 100km events start at dusk (7pm) on Saturday, with a childrens event (45min) at 6pm. For both events, entrants will be given an official cut-off so long as they start their last lap by no later than 8am on Sunday morning (13h).
Where: Adjacent to the Lark Hill Sportsplex (east of the Lark Hill playing fields), Port Kennedy, WA
- 25km (8 laps), 50km (17 laps) and 100km (34 laps) GPS measured trail races on a ~3k limestone loop course.
- The course consists of mostly compact-limestone, with ~200m of soft sand on each loop. There are some minor undulations, with a short climb into the start/finish point.
- Click here to see the course. The race director will lead the first lap, so there’s no change of getting lost.
- The children’s event will be help be over an ~800m loop for 45 minutes.
Next Race: 29-Feb to 1 Mar 2020.
No. of finishers: 2018 – 58 ; 2017 – 61 ; 2016 – 52 ; 2015 – 71; 2014 – 47; 2013 – 39; 2012 – 35;
How long in existence: Inaugural race was 3 March 2012
- Registrations for the 2020 are now open.
On the day:
- Bibs are to be collected at the event. Please arrive by 6pm.
- Park near the cricket nets here. Limited parking also available here (100km runners only).
- Walkers are welcome in the 50km event, as it has the same 13 hour cut-off.
- Headlamps are optional but recommended
- Pacers are welcome for 100km runners after the 50km point.
- Runners can leave their own supplies at the start/finish line to resupply each loop; bananas, Coca-Cola, water, and lollies will be provided at this point.
- There are toilets on site at the start/finish line.
|2018||Shaun Kaesler||4:16:33||Claire Wardle||4:48:53|
|2017||Rick Cooke||4:16:55||Barbara Fieberg||4:49:12|
|2016||Chris Lark||4:08:45||Barbara Fieberg||4:53:48|
|2015||James Roberts||3:34:25||Barbara Fieberg||4:28:51*|
|2014||Thomas Bakowski||3:33:03*||Kate Bodill||4:31:07|
|2013||Thomas Bakowski||3:36:10||Claire Broadway||4:32:32|
|2012||Chris O’Neill||3:39:42||Jodie Oborne||4:38:39|
|2018||Nick O’Neill||10:31:58||Margie Hadley*||9:22:19|
|2017||Adam Crawley||11:48:23||Hayley Newman||10:44:53|
|2016||Peter Duff||9:27:27||Cheryl Tatterton||12:37:12|
|2014||Brett Tucker||8:42:28||Emma Black||12:42:57|
|2013||Tim Eva||10:50:06||Fee Salmons||12:33:54|
|2012||Tim Eva||10:50:26||Hunna Watson||13:15:31|
- 50km Thomas Bakowski 3:33:03 (2014); Barbara Fieberg 4:28:51 (2015)
- 100km Josh Garrett 7:57:26 (2015); Margie Hadley 9:11:19 (2018)
Race Director: Dave Kennedy