Welcome to the home of the Runningworks Lark Hill Dusk to Dawn 50 & 100km Ultra
Held annually on the W.A. Labour Day weekend in March, the 25km, 50km and 100km events start at dusk (7pm) on Saturday, with a childrens event (45min) at 6pm. And new from 2022 is a 100mi event, starting at 8am Saturday with a 24h cutoff. For all events, entrants will be given an official cut-off so long as they start their last lap by no later than 8am on Sunday morning (13h for the 50/100km, 24h for the 100mile).
Where: Adjacent to the Lark Hill Sportsplex (east of the Lark Hill playing fields), Port Kennedy, WA
- There are several distance options:
- 25km (8 laps)
- 50km (17 laps)
- 100km (34 laps)
- 100mi (55 laps) – new from 2022
- The course:
- is a GPS measured trail race on a ~3k limestone loop.
- consists of mostly compact-limestone, with ~200m of soft sand on each loop.
- has some minor undulations, with a short climb into the start/finish point.
- Click here to see the course on Strava, or download the GPX file here. The race director will lead the first lap, so there’s no chance of getting lost.
- The children’s event will be held on a shorter, ~800m, loop for 45 minutes.
Next Race: 4-6 March, 2023.
No. of finishers: 2023 – 35 ; 2021 – 53 ; 2020 – 54 ; 2019 – 54 ; 2018 – 58 ; 2017 – 61 ; 2016 – 52 ; 2015 – 71; 2014 – 47; 2013 – 39; 2012 – 35;
How long in existence: Inaugural race was 3 March 2012
- Registrations for 2023 are not yet open
- The 100mi event commences at 8am on Saturday,
- The 25km, 50km & 50mi events commence at 7pm Saturday evening
- The children’s race commences at 6pm (i.e. before the adult race). Be sure to arrive early!
- All runners in the 50km, 100km & 100mile race must commence their final lap before 8am Sunday morning (13h for the 50km/100km, 24h for the 100mile)
- 100km runners may have a pacer from the 50km point.
- 100mile runners may have a pacer from the start of the race
- No pacers for the 25km or 50km races.
On the day:
- Bibs are to be collected at the event.
- Please arrive by
- 7.30am Saturday morning for the 100 mile,
- 5.30pm Saturday evening for the kids event,
- 6.00pm Saturday evening for the 25km, 50km & 100km
- Park near the cricket nets here. Limited parking also available here (100mi & 100km runners only).
- Walkers are welcome in the 50km event, as it has the same 13 hour cut-off.
- Headlamps are optional but recommended
- Runners can leave their own supplies at the start/finish line to resupply each loop; bananas, Coca-Cola, water, and lollies will be provided at this point.
- There are toilets on site at the start/finish line.
|2022||Michael Coughlan||12:34:56||Cherie Savin||12:04:00|
|2021||Sergio Gustinetti||10:48:40||Michelle Lane||12:18:25|
|2019||Curtis Simon-Menasse||11:47:22||Jen Millum||11:31:17|
|2018||Nick O’Neill||10:31:58||Margie Hadley||9:22:19*|
|2017||Adam Crawley||11:48:23||Hayley Newman||10:44:53|
|2016||Peter Duff||9:27:27||Cheryl Tatterton||12:37:12|
|2014||Brett Tucker||8:42:28||Emma Black||12:42:57|
|2013||Tim Eva||10:50:06||Fee Salmons||12:33:54|
|2012||Tim Eva||10:50:26||Hunna Watson||13:15:31|
|2022||Phil Gore||3:56:17||Sarah Ludowici||4:09:15*|
|2021||Nathan Fawkes||3:49:08||Martina Tairea||4:45:04|
|2020||Shea Adams||4:13:58||Anna O’Byrne||4:39:14|
|2019||Peter Duff||3:59:17||Victoria Robinson||5:05:27|
|2018||Shaun Kaesler||4:16:33||Claire Wardle||4:48:53|
|2017||Rick Cooke||4:16:55||Barbara Fieberg||4:49:12|
|2016||Chris Lark||4:08:45||Barbara Fieberg||4:53:48|
|2015||James Roberts||3:34:25||Barbara Fieberg||4:28:51|
|2014||Thomas Bakowski||3:33:03*||Kate Bodill||4:31:07|
|2013||Thomas Bakowski||3:36:10||Claire Broadway||4:32:32|
|2012||Chris O’Neill||3:39:42||Jodie Oborne||4:38:39|
|2022||Chris Lark||1:50:58||Claire Wardle||2:05:29|
|2021||Ryan Willmot||1:47:23||Sarah Ballard||2:39:34|
|2020||Chris Lark||1:41:31*||Sally Chetwin||2:13:39|
|2019||Scott Tamblin||1:44:56||Susanne Millar||2:16:37|
|2018||Chris Lark||1:48:17||Rochelle Rogers||1:48:33*|
|2017||Kim Thomas||1:50:24||Eilidh Macmaster||2:20:56|
|2016||Kim Thomas||1:45:48||Roberta Sibrra||2:22:58|
- 100km Michael Hooker 07:54:27 (2020); Margie Hadley 9:11:19 (2018)
- 50km Thomas Bakowski 3:33:03 (2014); Sarah Ludowici 4:09:15 (2022)
- 25km Chris Lark 1:41:31 (2020) ; Rochelle Rogers 1:48:33 (2018)
Race Director: Dave Kennedy